Steps We Are Taking to Keep You Safe
In these uncertain times, your safety is our utmost concern. You may be hesitant to seek medical care, but rest assured that we are uniquely positioned to deliver high-quality care while minimizing exposure to infection.
Our surgery center is a controlled space, staffed by providers who understand and have experience in managing infection and disease. Providing exceptional infection control precautions is simply a daily way of life for us.
NOTE: If you are having flu-like symptoms, such as fever, chills, muscle aches, difficulty breathing, recent cough, headache, sore throat or a sudden loss of taste or smell shortness of breath, please call 911 and seek emergency care.
Please be aware that we are taking further steps to ensure your safety and comfort.
Step 1: Our Patients
- We are taking extra precautions to pre-screen patients prior to their arrival at the center. We are rescheduling any patient who does not meet our strict health guidelines.
- All patients – regardless of age – will be COVID 19 tested.
- Upon arrival patients will be provided with a mask to wear throughout their stay.
- When the patient arrives at the center, they will be greeted by our screener who take their temperature and screen them if they were not contacted during the pre-op call.
- Patient escorts will be asked to wait in their cars during procedures unless they are needed to assist with the care of the patient.
- One parent per child will be allowed to remain at the center.
- If a patient escort needs to enter the center, they must undergo the same health screening patients are subject to and follow all applicable center safety measures.
- The patients escort will be called upon the patient’s arrival to the recovery room.
- When the patient is awake and alert, has a tolerable pain level, tolerates a light snack they will be provided with discharge information and instructions.
- The patient will be reunited with their escort at the discharge door.
- The patient’s surgeon will speak with the patient and their emergency contact.
Step 2: Our Staff
- All center staff will undergo daily temperature checks and screenings for symptoms of illness upon arrival to work.
- Clinical and business staff will wear surgical masks at all times.
- Social distancing measures have been implemented. This includes:
- limiting the number of patients in the center at any given time
- spacing out chairs so they are at least six feet apart in the waiting area
- minimizing patient touchpoints
- Visitors will be prohibited unless absolutely necessary.
Step 3: Our Center
- We follow nationally recommended best practices to keep our centers clean and safe.
- Only EPA-registered cleaning products are used, and waiting areas are cleaned at least twice a day. This includes high touch surfaces such as chair arms, doorknobs, tabletops, countertops, handles, sinks and faucets.
- We clean every procedure room both before and after every patient. In addition, we clean all of our public areas throughout the day and are minimizing traffic in those areas.
- Tissues and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the center.
- Our cleaning procedures adhere to the most stringent Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations and are regularly reviewed by both CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) and our accreditation organizations (AAAHC or Joint Commission).